Monday, August 10, 2009

Sasha

Sasha Bazilinski
.
Sasha Bazilinski is a very dear friend. I always reserve a special place in my affections for people who befriended me early in my Second Life. She had been away for a while, and I missed her dearly. But now she is back and happily has made Hallelujah her home. Sasha loves coffee house discussions and often displays a tart sense of humor. But, at heart, Sasha is really sweet (she is all cupcakes and ice cream cones), and she possesses the expressive soul of an artist, which she is.
.
Sasha's Art Gallery
.
Recently, Sasha brought a sample of her artistic works to Second Life, and a number of us visited her gallery to view them. On display was whimsy and provocation. I was initially drawn to a grouping of cutely imagined little girls. On the surface, they were great fun; however on closer inspection one notices the darkness in the broken dolls and in the cradled bird (deceased) that was obscured by the light of cuteness. There is something definitely unsettling about these little darlings. I wouldn't turn my back to them. My favorite work in the gallery is a wonderful snail posing provocatively naked without her shell. The pose, the eyes, the nose and the smile, I recognized in Goya's The Naked Maja. Fantastic homage. Its a wonderful collection, Sasha. Thank you for sharing it with us.
.
Sasha's current ongoing project - Transvestite Nuns
.

Her whimsical Reclining Nude Snail
.
The Naked Maja by Francisco Goya (1800)
.
.
Sasha's Art in the News:
..
.

No comments:

Post a Comment