Sunday, November 8, 2009

A 20th Birthday Celebration

My Turn as a Birthday Girl

Yesterday, I turned 20 years old.  Twenty is an odd age - no longer a teenager, yet not a full adult. I can cast a vote for president; but, can't enter a bar and order a drink. But that didn't stop me from having a grand time with my friends. No, I didn't get smashed. But Jaysun had planned a night of dancing and celebration. 


We met at the courtyard garden in Jaysun's house

A number of people gathered at Jaysun's place including Leesa, Lulubelle, Selina, and my sister Victoria. We were dressed in formal gowns for our evening out. Like most girls, we all were  happy for the opportunity to show off our formal bests. During the day, I had received so many nice presents. Earlier Leena gave me a helicopter in which we went on a wild ride. Selina bought me a outrageously sexy outfit. Leesa gave me the means to get something marvelous. And Jaysun ... a gorgeous set of antique jewelry. You can see the beautiful necklace and the earrings of the set in the lead picture. Click on the pictures to enlarge them for better viewing.

Jaysun was dashingly handsome in his white tuxedo.

I wore the black and white formal that Jaysun gave me as a gift for another occasion.

Victoria was very eye catching in a wonderful peach colored gown.

Our first stop was at Leesa's warmly comfortable Truth Ball Cafe. The other night, Mimi Carpenter was performing at Truth Ball. She sang a sweet Happy Birthday song in French dedicated to me by Leesa.


Of course, our next stop had to be JudyBlues, the best dance club in Second Life. Our party had gotten considerably larger. We picked up Soy, among others, and Syd, Gwen and Stig also dropped in. Syd and Gwen presented me a great asian themed painting which is now hanging in my townhouse. Mimi Juneau, owner of Mimi's Choice, my favorite fashion shop, sent me a magnificient outfit. And Jaysun and I were dancing up a storm.

































The evening ended at the Jittery Junco with Latin music and dancing. It was nice to be back home in Hallelujah. This has been one of the best evenings that I have had in Second Life. I would like to thank everyone, especially my dear Jaysun, for a memorable birthday.


Simple Gifts

Simple Gifts is an old Shaker tune. Its beautiful and transcendent melody captures my emotions and thoughts on my twentieth birthday. The Love of God. The Love of Family. The Love of Friends. These are simple gifts, but how sublime they are. And how fortunate and blessed am I to have received these gifts. I humbly thank God. I thank my family and friends with all affection. I would like to share with you the joy that I am feeling. If you will, please listen to this adaptation of Simple Gifts  in Aaron Copeland's Appalachian Spring and let the music lift your spirit and set it soaring.





'Tis the gift to be simple, 'tis the gift to be free,

'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be,

And when we find ourselves in the place just right,

'Twill be in the valley of love and delight.

When true simplicity is gain'd,

To bow and to bend we shan't be asham'd,

To turn, turn will be our delight,

Till by turning, turning we come round right.

No comments:

Post a Comment